Bawrunga Aboriginal Medical Services (BAMS) offers local communities the only autonomous Aboriginal Medical Service in Australia which incorporates a full-time, Bulk billing Medical centre.
BAMS’ five clinics operate on a “community-cooperative” model with Aboriginal Board of Directors and a full time CEO managing the day-to-day operations and paid staff and other volunteers assisting in the reception of the Medical Service side of the area.
BAMS’ programs and services include:
- Primary health preventative programs
- Chronic Care plans
- Aboriginal Child Health Checks
- School programs
- Diabetic program and health promotion
- Domestic violence program
- Skin care program
- Pharmaceutical assistance program
- Transport assistance program
- Immunisation program